Thursday, July 4, 2013

Farsight supplement in the Horizon

So the new Tau codex supplement is on the way, and most of us saw this coming after Iyanden supplement came out for Eldar.
 
So what should we expect after the first view of what these supplements should be.
 
1. Expanded background. There will be lots of information on what we already know about Farsight and how he broke away from the Tau Empire.
 
2. New rules. Look forward to expanded rules on using an entire battlesuit army. This would make me think hard about what I hate more: Jet pack infantry or Eldar battle focus.
 
3. Some new missions on historical and Farsight Enclave style of war. These missions are always cool and add more options for doing fluff style battles, and making the game fun.
 
4. Big price tag. $40 for the Ibook version and $50 for the hard copy when it is released a week after the digital version.
 
 
I'm looking forward to this book to see what it offers, and to decide whether or not to continue to support these supplements. I found the Iyanden book to be good, but as most gamers must decide if it is really worth the cost. I always want to say yes based off of my love of the game. However if the supplements start to just recycle too much of the old instead of pushing the storyline forward and offering us more new morsels to latch on to, then what is the point of spending the cash.

 
 

2 comments:

  1. The price for these is what kills it for me. If they were cheaper I'd probably buy them all just to see expanded story & rules.
    But at this price I'm just going to pick up the ones that really interest me, (fingers crossed for genestealer cult).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is GWs intention with the price. They probably figure that they have X (fill in your army here) players that want these supplements based off of how many people actually play that army and are willing to buy these add-ons and based the price on that.
    Then there is always the case that GE is just greedy and jacked up the price because they know you will buy it.

    ReplyDelete